Balance changes of ships and removal of X Somers in update 0.10.2
Starting from 0.10.2 X Somers will become unavailable to obtain from the Armory for an undefined period of time. She will be replaced with another American ship - Tier X cruiser Austin.
We understand that accumulating resources for ships is a long process, which is why we wanted to warn you in advance, so that those interested can steer X Somers into their Ports before Update 0.10.2 goes live in approximately three months.
We've changed the characteristics of several ships, having analyzed their combat performance and taken player feedback into account. Such changes were required to carefully adjust the balance of selected warships. We'll continue to introduce changes in the updates that follow, if deemed necessary.
- Sigma parameter was increased from 1.6 to 1.7;
- Armor penetration of AP shells increased by roughly 3.5%.
- Armor penetration of AP shells increased by roughly 4%.
- Armor penetration of AP shells increased by roughly 12.5%.
VIII Admiral Hipper:
- Main battery reload time reduced from 11.5 to 11 s.
- The number of torpedo bombers in a squadron lowered from 6 to 5;
- The size of an attacking torpedo bomber flight lowered from 2 to 1;
- The number of torpedo bombers on the deck lowered from 9 to 8;
- Torpedo bombers restoration time increased from 59 to 71 s;
- Maximum torpedo damage increased from 5,400 to 5,800.
- Maximum torpedo damage lowered from 4,233 to 3,500;
- The chance to cause flooding on torpedo hit reduced from 33% to 30%.
X Manfred von Richthofen:
- Increased the area of dive bombers' aiming ellipse;
- Fixed an error that resulted in excessive slowdown when engine boost was used. The value is brought to standard.
- Maximum bomb damage increased from 5,300 to 5,600;
- Chance of a bomb causing fire on a target increased from 30% to 32%.
- Number of rockets on standard attack aircraft reduced from 12 to 10;
- Number of rockets on researchable attack aircraft reduced from 14 to 12;
- Maximum bomb damage increased from 6,000 to 6,400;
- Chance of a bomb causing fire on a target increased from 35% to 36%.
We adjusted the parameters of the following ships based on testing results.
VIII Fen Yang:
- Main battery reload time increased from 4.5 to 5.2 s;
- Changed parameters of AP shells:
- Maximum damage increased from 1,700 to 1,900
- The angle at which the check for ricochets is made for AP shells increased from 45 to 60 degrees;
- Guaranteed ricochet angle for AP shells increased from 60 to 67.5 degrees.
New AP shells settings will allow for a more effective interaction with destroyers and cruisers when HE shells can't pierce their armor.
IV Dante Alighieri, V Conte di Cavour:
- AP shells maximum damage lowered from 8,560 to 8,100;
- Armor penetration of AP shells lowered by roughly 20%.
Please note that all information in the development blog is preliminary and subject to change during testing. Any showcased features may or may not end up on the main server. The final information will be published on our game's website.