We have changed the characteristics of submarines based on their battle performance and feedback provided by the community. It shall affect Dive Capacity and detectability alongside torpedoes and Hydrophone consumable. There are also changes to be made to Missouri economics
- Ascending, submarines could strike their torpedoes point blank, causing considerable damage firstly to destroyers. Adjusting submarine torpedoes' arming time would make interacting with them more like with torpedoes of surface ships.
- Increased submarines' Dive Capacity depleting when detected did not affect its gameplay significantly. We decided to increase Dive Capacity depletion to allow ships opposing submarines more efficiently, forcing them to operate more carefully. To prevent impacting efficiency of the class negatively, Dive Capacity's recharge rate was increased.
- Decreasing of detectability after emitting a sonar ping will highlight stealthy submarines gameplay.
- With changes to Hydrophone's operating range and action time, submarines would affect the gameplay of enemy u-boats less. Reducing consumable's reload time would allow bearing enemy surface ships more often, coordinating actions underwater respectively.
Changes in submarines' parameters:
- Dive Capacity depletion when spotted increased from 2 to 4 units per second;
- Dive Capacity recharge rate increase from 0.3 to 0.5 units per second;
- Detectability Range after emitting a ping decreased from 4 to 2 km;
- Torpedo arming time increased from 0.5 to 2 s;
- Detectability Range after emitting a sonar ping in smoke:
- VI Cachalot, VIII U-190: from 2.4 to 2 km;
- VIII Salmon, X Balao: from 2.2 to 2 km;
- VI U-69, X U-2501: from 2.1 to 2 km.
Changes to the "Hydrophone" consumable:
- Reduced consumable action time :
- VI Cachalot, VIII Salmon, X Balao - from 45 to 40 s.
- VI U-69, VIII U-190, X U-2501 - from 60 to 40 s.
- Reduced consumable reload time:
- VI Cachalot, VIII Salmon, X Balao - from 90 to 80 s.
- VI U-69, VIII U-190, X U-2501 - from 90 to 60 s.
- Ship bearing and submarine spotting range at depth:
- VI Cachalot - from 5.5 to 5 km
- VIII Salmon, VI U-69 - from 6 to 5.5 km;
- X Balao, VIII U-190 - from 6.5 to 6 km;
- X U-2501 - from 7 to 6.5 km.
Today, the bonus from the Missouri-specific combat mission for players who already had the ship in their port before the release of 0.10.7 will be increased from +20% to +30%.
Moreover, we believe it's fair that we give the affected players the credits that they didn't receive during 0.10.7 due to the bonus being lower than it should have been. These credits will be invoiced until 12 September at 23:59 UTC.
Please note that all information in the development blog is preliminary. Announced adjustments and features may change multiple times during testing. The final information will be published on our game's website.